So instead I went to Festival de Gelato for some yummy Cantelope and Chocolate Gelato. LOVE this place.
The streets were poppin with LOTS of Americans, tourists, and street preformers. Here's a little Charlie Chaplin:
It's kind of like Vegas, minus the sluttiness... or maybe like NYC. Lots of people, and tourists out everywhere day and night.
Ok, I have a confession. I did three shameful things today.
1. I ate non-Italian food. I had French Fries at McDonalds. I'm not even a big french fry eater, but I was at the train station and it was there and I wanted it. Funny, here you can put paprika powder on your fries.
I also ate at a Kebab place. Yep. Greek in Italy. I can only take so much pizza, pasta,
and panini.
2. I bought stuff from two stores that we have in the states: H & M and Lush. But it's "saldi" (sale) time so things are good deals and I needed a few things for life here. I didn't spend very much at all.
3. Ok, don't laugh.... But me and my roommate bought birgenstock (sp) type sandals.
Everyone wears them here which I didn't understand at first. But now I realize that it's a must to have good comfortable shoes. I can't wear tennis shoes everyday! I walked a lot when I lived in Hawaii but nothing like here. Plus the cobblestone streets mixed with cheap shoes was killing me. So, we are totally going to rock them like a European, and maybe I'll start a trend.
I like them, so whatever!
I better go pack... we're going to Venice, Milan, and Cinque Terre this weekend!!! Check my facebook for more pictures. I'll blog more in a few days.
Yum gelato. Yay sales.
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious that you had such a non-italian experience in Italy! I love the birks, so cute. Man, the line for gelato is crazy. That must be some amazing gelato! And the crowds of people everywhere are insane. Does that ever get on your nerves? Well... have so much fun in venice and the other cities!
ReplyDeleteOh and I feel that you ate those french fries in remembrance of me of course, being that you are not a french frie eater:)
ReplyDelete