The world, filtered through my lenses.

Feeling connected to the people I love is important to me. So feel free to read, but don't be a creepy no-comment reader. Leave me a note, as simple as it may be so that I know you're still connected to me. Sounds a little needy, but I don't care ;)

Monday, July 26, 2010

Falling In Love In Italy

Brace yourself for the corniest, cliche blog ever. I won't judge you if you don't want to read it. So don't judge me for writing it!

Being in Italy makes me feel like I can fall in love. Not that I'm a cynical, anti-love type of person in the States. Not at all. Its just that being here makes me feel hopeful. It's almost like that feeling that some women get when they watch a romantic movie, The ideas of beauty, and wonder, and risk. There are lots of reasons why i think I feel like this...

First of all, the country is completely enchanting. Everything is beautiful. I've seen amazing views of nature, the most astounding masterpieces, and brilliant architecture. I mean these are the places that others try and recreate in Vegas, at Disneyland, and Universal Studios. The environment in and of itself is captivating. I marvel at the work of God's hands and the creativity of those whom He created.

Secondly, I am surrounded by people who are in love. There are tourists here from all over the world who come to all the romantic spots Ive been to; Pointe Vecchio, Via D'ell Amore, Lovers Arc, and Bambino Beach (that last one is funny...its a baby making beach, haha). They come with the purpose of romance, and to celebrate their love. I actually thought this would make me a little sad, but it hasn't. It's made me hopeful.

Thirdly, Italian men are something else! Maybe its because I have a pizza man that blows kisses at me everyday, and a gelato man that calls me amor and showers me with adoration. Or maybe it's I get to be called Bella everyday by random men all the time, even when I'm disgustingly sweaty. Its not that I don't get hit on at home, but its different here. Honestly, how many women can say a guy said, "your body is so attractive, that in two minutes,I am going to jump over you and eat you like a fish," in an honest attempt to hit on you? Oh the wonder of trying to flirt in another language.

Fourthly, I am conivnced of God's love, provision, and plan. Everyday, I am grateful that God brought me here. Out of a cloud of impossibility, I ended up here, solely on the wings of faith and Gods favor and provision. It encourages me in the miraculous ability of God, particularly after I came out of a season of such heartache, difficulty, and loss. It encourages me in the great plan of God and the bigger picture of His love towards His people. My time here is a precious gem in the scope of my life, a gift. Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father of lights.

Being here has been rich nourishment for my soul, and an encouragement in my heart that there is hope for love.

2 comments:

  1. You have to listen to the Signs of Life series by Pastor Tim Chaddick, the one from yesterday was on genuine love. Find it here: http://realityla.com/#sermons
    We can not only hope in love but experience it because WE ARE love in such an incredible way by God Himself! :) Rom. 5:5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! I am a believer and I am so glad to see the beauty around you bring life to the beauty within you. What a great day it will be for you to return to Italy one day with your love bit for now how amazing that Italy showers you in an atmosphere of love. :)

    ReplyDelete