The world, filtered through my lenses.

Feeling connected to the people I love is important to me. So feel free to read, but don't be a creepy no-comment reader. Leave me a note, as simple as it may be so that I know you're still connected to me. Sounds a little needy, but I don't care ;)

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flirty 30!!!



I turned 30 in Italy. Wild ehh? Heres what I did...
We went on a tour of the Ufizzi, the oldest and said to be "the most important museum in the world.". You cant take pictures of the art, but heres a picture of the view of the Pointe Vecchio from inside the Ufizzi.



I went on a hunt for a restaurant that employs adults with special needs. Mapquest said it was 1.5 km, almost a mile, but I swear it was like 3 miles away. Maybe I was dillusional due to heat exhaustion. Sadly, they were closed. I think they were doing some sort of computer training. I'm hoping to reserve a spot on Wednesday. On my exploration, I took lots and lots of pictures. This is a photographer's haven!



I got a heat rash, but it went away the same day. This humidity is brutal!
Did some journaling, which is evidenced in my previous blog.

Went to Golden View, a more upscale resturant that overlooks the Pointe Vecchio. It was gorgeous. I'm still not a fan of wine, but I liked the champange.


It was a beautiful way to celebrate 30 years of the Potter and His clay. =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Janelle. I'm so happy that you had such a good and memorable time for your 30th. I think that it's so cool that you are making time for special needs stuff. That is cool that they have programs for adults there. Can't wait to see what that's like when you go there. The pics and the places that you went to are so amazing and beautiful. Ciao! Lov ya!

    ReplyDelete