My roommate and I took the train up to Venice and stayed the night in a hotel there.
Venice is very different from Florence.
1. It's made up of a bunch of little islands, and people literally travel by foot or by
boat. No mopeds, bikes or cars here.
2. The men are stunningly attractive here. Yep. I said it. I mean, strikingly hot. I think it's all the work in the sun, and the mannal labor of carting around imports or steering a gondola. Plus they have unique tattoos, almost tribal like.
3. A gondola is a cool experience. I even got to steer one for a second.
4. Venice is defineately a day trip spot. It was really cool, but there isn't THAT much to do. Well worth the trip, but no need to stay for a long time unless you're really into art and want to explore museams and such.
5. Glass work, lemons, and limoncello are the pride of Venice.
6. Limoncello is disgusting. It's like drinking lysol.
7. Nightlife is NOT like Florence. Everything sort of shuts down except for a few sketchy bars. No one is really out and about like Florence. And, we saw a HUGE rat. Eww.
8. Venice maps are confusing. We got lost one billion times.
W-O-W!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics, Janelle! They all look like they belong on postcards...
No pic of the huge rat? Haha!!